Emerging leader in infused cannabis beverages, BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV, Q:BVNNF, FSE:7BC) (“BevCanna” or the “Company”), announced today that it has launched a set of strategic objectives that will guide the Company through 2020 and beyond.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with operations near Osoyoos, in the Southern Okanagan region of British Columbia, and in Sacramento California, BevCanna is a branded and white-label manufacturer of cannabis infused beverages; vertically integrated from outdoor cultivation to finished cannabis products.
“2020 is the year of execution for BevCanna and our strategic partners,” said John Campbell, Chief Strategy Officer at BevCanna. “We’ve built a solid foundation across businesses and we are now ready to turn the corner to begin commercializing our operations and generating substantial revenue.”
Mr. Campbell tabled the following strategic objectives for BevCanna for the balance of 2020:
- BevCanna will become Canada’s largest organic outdoor cannabis cultivator. Our 292-acre farm is located in the Southern Okanagan region of British Columbia, an area with similar climatic attributes to Humboldt County, CA – California’s prime outdoor cannabis growing region. Production costs are also roughly one-seventh the cost of indoor/greenhouse cannabis cultivation, giving the company a sustainable competitive advantage. Production output is estimated at 400,000-500,000 lbs. of biomass annually. Outdoor cannabis production, in addition to being environmentally friendly and sustainable, offers a broader, more intense, and deeply penetrating spectrum of light, which improves flavor profiles. This allows outdoor-grown plants to more fully express their genetic potential.
- BevCanna will commence white-label beverage production in Canada by Q3-2020. The Company will manufacture beverages for other Canadian licensed producers who wish to leverage their brands’ equity to create infused beverages. The high regulatory barriers to entry for cannabis-infused beverages is proving challenging for many licensed producers that wish to expand their brands into this emerging category. Beverages are BevCanna’s core expertise and BevCanna’s world-class bottling facility has been designed with maximum flexibility, to cover a wide array of bottle sizes and form factors, allowing the company to fully service its white label client needs.
- BevCanna will commercialize its house brands, Anarchist Mountain and Grüv Beverages, selling these product lines in Canadian licensed retailers by Q4-2020. The initial launch will focus on the BC, ON, AB, and SK markets. Anarchist Mountain, a lightly sparkling botanical-flavored line of alkaline spring water beverages, will be available in varying amounts of THC (10mg, 7.5mg, 5mg), and Grüv, a line of iced tea flavours, will be available with a 1:1 cannabinoid ratio (5mg THC and 5mg CBD).
- BevCanna will finalize its previously announced joint venture with Bloom, and commercialize Bloom branded cannabis concentrates and extracts, selling these product lines in Canadian licensed retailers by Q4-2020. The Company has an LOI with an intent to enter into a definitive agreement with high-profile cannabis operator company, Capna Intellectual, Inc. to bring its leading multi-state cannabis vape brand, Bloom, to Canada. BevCanna will manufacture and sell Bloom branded products including cannabis concentrates and extracts, in Canada. BevCanna will also acquire exclusive licensing and manufacturing rights to select product formats, technology and branding assets of Bloom.
- BevCanna will commercialize our proprietary THC water-soluble powder technology in California. This will be launched under a house brand name, to be announced in March 2020, through a pilot launch in select dispensaries in Sacramento, CA. Full commercial product launch across California is planned for Q2-2020.
- BevCanna will commercialize the Anarchist Mountain and Grüv Beverages brands’ ready-to-drink formats in California licensed retailers by Q3-2020. Through co-packing and distribution arrangements currently in progress, BevCanna plans to launch a full-form factor product line up in the state of California by the third quarter, ranging from water-soluble powders to ready-to-drink beverages.
- BevCanna will introduce our Hemp-Derived CBD powder and ready-to-drink beverage lines into Europe, through local co-packing and distribution arrangements with Mota Ventures and their subsidiary Sativida, the Company’s exclusive European joint venture partners. According to Grand View Research, the global CBD market is expected to reach $23.6B over the next five years. Brightfield Group projects the European CBD market to grow by 400% over the next four years.
BevCanna also announced today that it has entered into a marketing and investor relations agreement (the “Agreement”) dated February 17th, 2020 with Aktiencheck.de AG (the “Consultant”) pursuant to which the Consultant has agreed to provide certain corporate branding, marketing, online corporate communications and investor relations services to the Company for a term of one month, for total cash consideration of €50,000, which was paid upon entry into the Agreement.
About BevCanna Enterprises Inc.
BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE: BEV, Q:BVNNF, FSE:7BC) BevCanna Enterprises Inc. develops and manufactures cannabinoid-infused beverages and consumer products for in-house brands and white label clients. With decades of experience creating, branding and distributing iconic brands that have resonated with consumers on a global scale, the team demonstrates an expertise unmatched in the emerging cannabis beverage category. Based in British Columbia, Canada, BevCanna has a 292-acre outdoor cultivation site in the Okanagan Valley and the exclusive rights to a pristine spring water aquifer, access to a world-class 40,000-square-foot, HACCP certified manufacturing facility, with a current bottling capacity of up to 210M bottles per annum. BevCanna’s vision is to be a global leader in infused innovations.
On behalf of the Board of Directors:
John Campbell, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Strategy Officer
Director, BevCanna Enterprises Inc.
Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information
Certain information in this news release constitutes forward-looking statements under applicable securities laws. Any statements that are contained in this news release that are not statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements. Forward looking statements are often identified by terms such as “may”, “should”, “anticipate”, “expect”, “potential”, “believe”, “intend”, “estimate” or the negative of these terms and similar expressions. Forward-looking statements in this news release include, but are not limited to: the strategic objectives for BevCanna for the balance of 2020; becoming Canada’s largest organic outdoor cannabis cultivator, production output at the company’s farm is estimated at 400,000-500,000 lbs. of biomass; commencing white-label beverage production in Canada by Q3 2020; BevCanna will manufacture for other Canadian licensed producers who wish to leverage their brands’ equity to infused beverages; BevCanna’s world-class bottling facility will allow the company to fully serve its white label client needs; commercializing BevCanna house brands, Anarchist Mountain and Grüv beverages product lines in Canadian licensed retailers by Q4 2020; that the initial launch focus will be on BC, ON, AB, and SK markets; that Anarchist Mountain, a lightly sparkling botanical flavored line of alkaline spring water beverages, will be available in varying amounts of THC (10mg, 7.5mg, 5mg), and Grüv, a line of various iced tea flavors, will be available with a 1:1 cannabinoid ratio (5mg THC and 5mg CBD); statements with respect to the proposed joint venture with Bloom and related definitive agreement; commercializing our proprietary THC water-soluble powder technology in California, under a house brand name to be announced imminently, come March 2020, through a pilot launch in select dispensaries in Sacramento; that full commercial product launch across California is planned for Q2 2020; commercialize BevCanna house brands, Anarchist Mountain and Grüv beverages ready to drink formats in California licensed retailers by Q3 2020; through co-packing and distribution arrangements currently in progress, BevCanna intends have a full form factor product line up in the state of California by Q3, ranging from previously mentioned water-soluble powder, to ready to drinks; introducing our Hemp-Derived CBD powder and ready to drink beverage lines into Europe, through local co-packing and distribution arrangements with Mota Ventures, and their subsidiary Sativida, our exclusive European Joint Venture partners; over the next 5 years, the Global CBD market is expected to reach $ 23.6B, according to Grand View Research and in Europe alone, the CBD market is forecasted to grow 400% over the 4 years, as anticipated by Brightfield Group; that 2020 will be the year of execution for BevCanna and our strategic partners and that the company is now ready to turn the corner to become a significant revenue and cash-flow generator; and the business plans of the Company.
Forward-looking statements are based on certain assumptions regarding the issuances of licences by Health Canada to the Company under the Cannabis Act; a continued high regulatory barrier entry for cannabis-infused beverages; successful and timely commercialization of the company’s products; successful and timely negotiation of various joint venture agreements; climate conditions; agricultural conditions; and expectations with respect to the future growth of recreational cannabis products. While the Company considers these assumptions to be reasonable, based on information currently available, they may prove to be incorrect. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements. The assumptions of the Company, although considered reasonable by it at the time of preparation, may prove to be incorrect. In addition, forward-looking statements necessarily involve known and unknown risks, including, without limitation, the Company not being issued licenses by Health Canada; risks associated with general economic conditions; risks associated with climate and agriculture; changes in consumer preferences; adverse industry events; future legislative, tax and regulatory developments; inability to access sufficient capital from internal and external sources, and/or inability to access sufficient capital on favourable terms; the inability to implement business strategies; competition; currency and interest rate fluctuations and other risks. Readers are cautioned that the foregoing list is not exhaustive. Readers are further cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which they are placed will occur. Such information, although considered reasonable by management at the time of preparation, may prove to be incorrect and actual results may differ materially from those anticipated. For more information on the risk, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause anticipated opportunities and actual results to differ materially, please refer to the public filings of the Company which are available on SEDAR at www.sedar.com. Forward-looking statements contained in this news release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement and reflect our expectations as of the date hereof, and thus are subject to change thereafter. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law, and the Company does not assume any liability for disclosure relating to any other company mentioned herein.
Ayurcann Holdings Corp. (CSE: AYUR) (the “Company” or “Ayurcann”) an integrated Canadian extraction company specializing in the processing of cannabis and hemp for the production of oils and various derivative products, announces the granting of stock options and restricted share units.
The Company has announced that it has granted incentive stock options to directors, officers, employees and consultants of the Company to purchase an aggregate of 1,000,100 common shares under the Company’s Stock Option Plan. Each option is exercisable at a price of $0.16 per common share, expires three years from the date of grant and vest six months from the date of the grant.
The Company has also granted restricted share unit grants, pursuant to the Company’s Restricted Share Unit plan, dated April 1, 2021, totaling 1,548,875 to certain eligible participants.
For further information, please contact:
Igal Sudman, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary
Ayurcann Holdings Corp.
About Ayurcann Holdings Corp.:
Ayurcann is a leading post-harvest solution provider with a focus on providing and creating custom processes and pharma grade products for the adult use and medical cannabis industry in Canada. Ayurcann is focused on becoming the partner of choice for leading Canadian cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including ethanol extraction, formulation, product development and custom manufacturing.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider have reviewed or accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
News Provided by GlobeNewswire via QuoteMedia
A planned business merger between two leading cannabis producers hit a small delay this week as a critical vote got moved.
Keep reading to find out more cannabis highlights from the past five days.
Tilray delays critical shareholder meeting
On Thursday (April 15), Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) announced it will be postponing its shareholder vote on the fate of its merger with Aphria (NASDAQ:APHA,TSX:APHA). It will take place on April 30 instead of April 16.
Neither cannabis company offered an explanation for the change. Tilray has asked shareholders to participate in this vote regardless of how many shares they may hold. “Tilray stockholders who have not already voted, or wish to change their vote, are strongly encouraged to do so,” the company said.
This news came days after Aphria shareholders overwhelmingly voted in favor of the business transaction, with a total of 99.38 percent of shareholders voting for the deal to continue. Confirmation from Aphria Chairman and CEO Irwin Simon indicated the partnership was en route to being complete.
This past week Aphria also released financial results for the third quarter of its 2021 fiscal year, in which the firm highlights the overall direction of the company with the Tilray deal.
“We expect to have a tremendous runway for long-term sustainable growth as we build upon our existing foundation in Canada and internationally by increasing the scale of our global operations,” Simon said in a statement.
Cannabis retailer celebrates digital trend
Bidding for the piece, named “Non-Fungible Toke“ started at a price of C$4.20. The retailer plans to donate the proceeds to two charities, Second Harvest and Less.
The latter is designed to counter the carbon footprint of blockchain technology, a common criticism drawn against the rise of NFTs and other novel technologies.
As of 11:00 a.m. EST on Friday (April 16), the NFT bid was up to C$169.11.
Cannabis company news
- The Valens Company (TSX:VLNS,OTCQX:VLNCF) issued its financial report for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. In its results, the company highlights a net revenue uptick of 24.7 percent from the previous quarter, resulting in C$20 million for the period.
- Trulieve Cannabis (CSE:TRUL,OTCQX:TCNNF) closed a public offering of 5 million subordinate voting shares at a price of C$50 each for total gross proceeds of C$287.5 million. The company celebrated its financial position after an offering in January, which will lead to the pursuit of merger and acquisition targets.
- Australis Capital (CSE:AUSA,OTCQB:AUSAF) appointed Jason Dyck as its new chief science officer and chairman of the firm’s scientific advisory board. Dyck previously served as an executive at Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQ:ACB,TSX:ACB), leading the scientific efforts for the cannabis producer. “I look forward to providing AUSA with advice and direction in its scientific efforts towards bringing innovations to market with immediate and significant commercial appeal,” Dyck said.
- Truss Beverage, a cannabis drinks venture co-owned by Molson Coors Beverage Company (NYSE:TAP,TSX:TPX) and HEXO (NYSE:HEXO,TSX:HEXO), released the details of its new lineup of infused beverages. Six new drinks will become available around the summer and are intended to pair with the season.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Bryan Mc Govern, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Partnerships with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, CultivatED, and the Georgia Justice Project will include clinics and virtual events across Florida , Georgia , and Massachusetts
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTCQX: TCNNF) (“Trulieve” or “the Company”), a leading and top-performing cannabis company based in the United States announced today a series of expungment clinics located throughout south and central Florida as well as virtual events in Georgia and Massachusetts . The clinics are part of the Company’s celebration of the 50 th anniversary of 420.
During the month of April, Minardi Law has hosted expungment clinics and will be hosting two more as follows:
- Releaf Patient Appreciation Day, April 17 th ( Valrico )
- First Annual 4/20 Event ( St. Petersburg Beach )
At these clinics, an attorney will be present to review records and see if someone is eligible for a sealing or expungment of their records. As part of the events, Trulieve will be helping cover the costs for finger prints, legal fees, and court costs.
Trulieve is working with Minorities for Medical Marijuana (“M4MM”) to host a 4/20 Expungement Clinic, part of M4MM’s Project Clean Slate. This event will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021 , from 9:30am – 4:30pm at Riviera Beach City Hall. Anyone seeking to take place in this event is required to register in advance at http://trulieve.cc/expungementpreregistration .
In addition, Trulieve is sponsoring the First Friday Series , a weekly virtual event from the Georgia Justice Project to help Georgia citizens with record restrictions, and is also sponsoring the Fellowship Presentation and Expungement Clinic being offered through CultivateEd and GBLS on Friday, April 23 from 3:00pm – 4:00pm . You can register for the Massachusetts expungement clinic in advance here: HTTPS://BIT.LY/2Q655KK
“Our mission as a company has always been to improve people’s lives,” said Trulieve CEO Kim Rivers . “We’ve always been dedicated to improving the communities we call home. Partnering with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, Georgia Justice Project and CultivatED on these clinics was a simple decision for us; we encourage anyone seeking help with the expungement process to attend one of these clinics in your own state to start the process.”
For more information about Trulieve and the April expungment clinics, please visit www.Trulieve.com .
Trulieve is primarily a vertically integrated “seed-to-sale” company in the U.S. and is the first and largest fully licensed medical cannabis company in the State of Florida . Trulieve cultivates and produces all of its products in-house and distributes those products to Trulieve-branded stores (dispensaries) throughout the State of Florida , as well as directly to patients via home delivery. Trulieve also has operations in California , Massachusetts , Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Trulieve is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol TRUL and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol TCNNF.
To learn more about Trulieve, visit www.Trulieve.com .
SOURCE Trulieve Cannabis Corp.
News Provided by PR Newswire via QuoteMedia
Seth Rogen’s New Cannabis Brand are Now Available at Apothecarium Dispensaries in San Francisco , Berkeley and Capitola
The Apothecarium is offering cannabis from Houseplant, the cannabis lifestyle brand founded by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg at its five California dispensaries. The Apothecarium has three San Francisco locations (Castro, SOMA and Marina ) and one each in Berkeley and Capitola (outside of Santa Cruz ).
“With the vast number of dispensaries in California , we put a lot of effort into identifying the right ones that align with Houseplant’s values,” said Seth Rogen , Co-Founder of Houseplant. “The Apothecarium shares the same commitment to creating a strong consumer experience that we pride ourselves on and we are thrilled to bring our three initial strains to their stores in the Bay Area.”
Houseplant is launching with three flower strains, all of which will be available at The Apothecarium, including: Diablo Wind (sativa), Pancake Ice (sativa) and Pink Moon (indica). Like their founder’s groundbreaking film “Pineapple Express”, Houseplant strains are named after weather phenomena. Each strain will be sold in a custom tin.
“We are so proud to be one of the very first dispensaries in California to offer Houseplant to our customers,” said Ryan Hudson , CEO and co-founder of The Apothecarium. “Seth, Evan and everyone at Houseplant love and respect cannabis as much as we do. We simply cannot wait to share their beautiful and delicious flowers with our guests.”
“We’ve been working with the Houseplant team for more than a year and are grateful to have a partner that shares so many of our values, including an emphasis on cannabis education, quality, reform of cannabis laws and beautifully designed, recyclable packaging.”
“Seth has been hands-on during the process, spending time with our store managers to make sure they know the products and how much care has gone into vetting and selecting the best strains. We think our guests are going to love Houseplant.”
About The Apothecarium
The Apothecarium is recognized as one of the nation’s premier cannabis dispensaries, with an emphasis on education via in-depth one-on-one consultations from highly trained cannabis consultants. The company was founded by three first cousins and two family friends in 2011. Our dispensaries are known for providing educational events that are open to the public at no cost — and for welcoming seniors, first-time dispensary visitors, and people with serious medical conditions. The Apothecarium’s flagship San Francisco dispensary was named the best-designed dispensary in the country by Architectural Digest . Patients and customers may order at our dispensaries or online for pickup or delivery at apothecarium.com [apothecarium.com] .
The Apothecarium is committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We have donated more than $400,000 in cash to community groups and nonprofits — plus more than $300,000 worth of in-kind donations.
All Apothecarium dispensaries continue to implement safety measures to protect guests and team members. Protocols include strict social distancing inside and outside the dispensaries, a mask requirement for everyone inside the dispensaries, no contact check-in procedures and ongoing sanitizing throughout the day.
CA Licenses: C10-0000523-LIC; C10-0000522-LIC; C10-0000515-LIC, C10-0000738-LIC, C10-0000706-LIC
News Provided by Canada Newswire via QuoteMedia
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario TheNewswire – April 16, 2021 Sire Bioscience Inc. (CSE:SIRE) (OTC:BLLXF) (FSE:BR1B) (CNSX:SIRE.CN) (“SIRE” or the “Company”) announces that Brian Nugent has resigned as a member of the Company’s board of directors (the “ Board ”). It has been a pleasure and a blessing to have worked with Brian Nugent over the past few years, his business acumen and tremendous experience will certainly be missed, SIRE wishes him nothing but the best in all his future endeavors.
About Sire Bioscience
SIRE is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with its wholly owned subsidiary PLANTFUEL® based in Denver, Colorado. SIRE is managed by a group of successful entrepreneurs who have extensive experience in the areas of consumer-packaged goods, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution. SIRE is a CPG life science company focused on the plant-based foods and supplements industry.
For additional information contact:
Sire Bioscience Inc.
Copyright (c) 2021 TheNewswire – All rights reserved.
News Provided by TheNewsWire via QuoteMedia