Cannabis Big News Roundup: Next Green Wave Begins Cannabis Production; Crop to Enter Oklahoma Medical Cannabis Market; Canopy Growth Announces Plan to Acquire Acreage Holdings
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- High Tide Announces Licences and Authorizations from AGCO to Open Canna Cabana-Branded Stores in Hamilton and Sudbury
- Chemesis International Inc. Enters into Binding Agreement to Acquire 100% of an Arizona based Manufacturing Facility
- GTEC Holdings Acquires Cannabis Retail Store Location in Vancouver BC
- Chemistree Announces Partnership with New Jersey Medical Retail Cannabis License Applicant
- TILT Provides Standard Farms with US$3M Loan for Processing Operations in Ohio
- MediPharm Labs Announces DTC Eligibility, Increasing Accessibility for US Investors
- World Class and Quadron Enter Into Arrangement Agreement
- TransCanna Completes Acquisition Of 196,000 Square Foot Vertically Integrated Cannabis Facility
- MYM Incorporates ‘MYM Nutraceuticals Mexico S.A. de C.V.’ to Focus on Import and Distribution of CBD-Rich Hemp Products in Mexico
- Crop to Enter Oklahoma Medical Cannabis Market
- Next Green Wave Begins Cannabis Production
- Yield Growth Announces Development of 10 New Hemp Root Oil Infused Products Exclusively for Men
- 1933 Industries Launches Canna Fused™ Products in Nevada at NUWU 420 Celebration, Adding to Portfolio of Proprietary Brands
- Pure Global to Acquire The Great Canadian Hemp Company for Premium CBD-based Health, Beauty, Wellness and Pet Products
- Empower Announces Partnership With Cannvas Medtech To Advance Patient Education
- CanadaBis Capital Inc. and 1926360 Alberta Ltd. (dba Stigma Pharmaceuticals) Receive TSXV Conditional Acceptance
- Canopy Growth Announces Plan to Acquire Leading U.S. Multi-State Cannabis Operator, Acreage Holdings
In the evolving rush of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the Canadian cannabis market, Canopy Growth (NASDAQ:CGC,TSX:WEED) announced it will acquire The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX:FIRE,OTCQX:SPRWF) in a deal worth approximately C$435 million.
Meanwhile, a cannabis operator in the US confirmed this week that it will receive a financial boost from a partner to solidify its position in the burgeoning Pennsylvania state market.
The Board of Directors of Aphria Unanimously Recommends Shareholders Vote “For” the Arrangement
Aphria to Host Special Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 to Approve Proposed Aphria-Tilray Business Combination
Love Hemp Group PLC (AQSE: LIFE) (OTCQB: WRHLF), one of the UK’s leading CBD and Hemp product suppliers, announces that as part of the equity fundraise announced yesterday, Antony Calamita and Andrew Male, Directors of the Company, subscribed for 285,714 Ordinary Shares and 1,428,571 Ordinary Shares respectively. The subscriptions are at a price of 3.5 pence per ordinary share for a total of £60,000. Following these subscriptions, Antony Calamita is now interested in 54,385,714 Ordinary Shares, representing 8.61% of the Company’s share capital as increased by the fundraising, and Andrew Male is now interested in 6,138,196 Ordinary Shares, representing 0.97% of the Company’s issued share capital as increased by the fundraising
Further, the timetable for receipt of applications under the Broker Option, which was also announced yesterday, has been extended until 5:00 pm 9 April 2021 to capture additional interest which was unable to be completed yesterday.
Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (“Revive” or the “Company”) (CSE: RVV, USA: RVVTF), a specialty life sciences company focused on the research and development of therapeutics for medical needs and rare disorders, would like to provide the following dial-in information for the Company’s upcoming Annual and Special Meeting (the “Meeting”) scheduled to be held at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 12, 2021. Shareholders and proxyholders may access the Meeting via teleconference by dialing 647-723-3984 or 1-866-365-4406 from Canada or the United States, then entering participation code “8487744” followed by the pound (“#”) sign.
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent restrictions imposed by the Ontario Provincial Government, shareholders and proxyholders will only be able to attend the Meeting via teleconference and will not be permitted to attend the Meeting in person at the address provided on the Notice of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders.
Gage Cannabis Announces Exclusive Partnership With Blue River to Bring Award-Winning Cannabis Extracts to Michigan
Gage Growth Corp. (“Gage” or the “Company”) (CSE:GAGE), a leading high-quality craft cannabis brand and operator in Michigan, announced today that it has signed an agreement with Blue River™ Extracts & Terpenes (“Blue River™”) to bring the brand’s award-winning solventless technology and other trademark branded products to the state’s medical patients and cannabis consumers. The Company will have exclusive rights to Blue River™’s premium product offerings in Michigan.