Cannabis Big News Roundup: Valens Expands Size and Scope of Agreement With Tilray; Wildflower Products Launches at Free People; Inner Spirit Announces Additional Equity Investment by Tilray and High Park
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- RISE Life Science Launches Retail Location on Main Street in Santa Monica, California
- High Tide Announces AGCO Authorization to Open Canna Cabana Toronto Retail Cannabis Store
- MYM Reaches Planting Stage for 120-Acre CBD-Rich Hemp Project in Nevada
- Inner Spirit Holdings Announces Additional Equity Investment by Tilray and High Park
- Pure Global Closes GCHC Acquisition and Enters into Global Distribution Deal
- Chemesis International Inc. Begins Commercialization of QuickStrip™ Oral Thin Strips
- YIELD GROWTH Announces Exclusive Distribution of Urban Juve Products in Greece and Cyprus by Melorganics
- Nutritional High Receives Provisional Distribution License for Sacramento Facility
- Green Growth Brands Surpasses 50 Seventh Sense CBD Shops Open in Four Months
- Weekend Unlimited’s Northern Lights Organics Farm Establishes Sustainable Supply of High CBD Hemp Seeds
- Wildflower Products Launches at Free People
- High Hampton Holdings Announces Re-Launch and Name Change to Mojave Jane Brands Inc.
- RYAH Medtech Inc. Receives Health Canada Medical Establishment License (MDEL)
- Cannex Capital Closes Acquisition of Pure Ratios and Provides 4Front Transaction Update
- First Harvest Complete at Flower One’s 455,000 Square-foot Cannabis Facility
- Valens Expands Size and Scope of Agreement With Tilray
- Harborside Commences Trading on CSE; Announces First Quarter Results and Information for Lineage Shareholders
In the evolving rush of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the Canadian cannabis market, Canopy Growth (NASDAQ:CGC,TSX:WEED) announced it will acquire The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX:FIRE,OTCQX:SPRWF) in a deal worth approximately C$435 million.
Meanwhile, a cannabis operator in the US confirmed this week that it will receive a financial boost from a partner to solidify its position in the burgeoning Pennsylvania state market.
The Board of Directors of Aphria Unanimously Recommends Shareholders Vote “For” the Arrangement
Aphria to Host Special Meeting of Shareholders on Wednesday, April 14, 2021 to Approve Proposed Aphria-Tilray Business Combination
Love Hemp Group PLC (AQSE: LIFE) (OTCQB: WRHLF), one of the UK’s leading CBD and Hemp product suppliers, announces that as part of the equity fundraise announced yesterday, Antony Calamita and Andrew Male, Directors of the Company, subscribed for 285,714 Ordinary Shares and 1,428,571 Ordinary Shares respectively. The subscriptions are at a price of 3.5 pence per ordinary share for a total of £60,000. Following these subscriptions, Antony Calamita is now interested in 54,385,714 Ordinary Shares, representing 8.61% of the Company’s share capital as increased by the fundraising, and Andrew Male is now interested in 6,138,196 Ordinary Shares, representing 0.97% of the Company’s issued share capital as increased by the fundraising
Further, the timetable for receipt of applications under the Broker Option, which was also announced yesterday, has been extended until 5:00 pm 9 April 2021 to capture additional interest which was unable to be completed yesterday.
Revive Therapeutics Ltd. (“Revive” or the “Company”) (CSE: RVV, USA: RVVTF), a specialty life sciences company focused on the research and development of therapeutics for medical needs and rare disorders, would like to provide the following dial-in information for the Company’s upcoming Annual and Special Meeting (the “Meeting”) scheduled to be held at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time on April 12, 2021. Shareholders and proxyholders may access the Meeting via teleconference by dialing 647-723-3984 or 1-866-365-4406 from Canada or the United States, then entering participation code “8487744” followed by the pound (“#”) sign.
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the recent restrictions imposed by the Ontario Provincial Government, shareholders and proxyholders will only be able to attend the Meeting via teleconference and will not be permitted to attend the Meeting in person at the address provided on the Notice of Annual and Special Meeting of Shareholders.
Gage Cannabis Announces Exclusive Partnership With Blue River to Bring Award-Winning Cannabis Extracts to Michigan
Gage Growth Corp. (“Gage” or the “Company”) (CSE:GAGE), a leading high-quality craft cannabis brand and operator in Michigan, announced today that it has signed an agreement with Blue River™ Extracts & Terpenes (“Blue River™”) to bring the brand’s award-winning solventless technology and other trademark branded products to the state’s medical patients and cannabis consumers. The Company will have exclusive rights to Blue River™’s premium product offerings in Michigan.