Cannabis Big News Roundup: Koios Mapping Human Brain to Study Impact of CBD; Matica and Yunify Develop First Consumer Product; Cannvas Signs Revenue Share and Marketing Agreement with MOOD™
In case you missed it, here is this week’s big news roundup for cannabis:
- Bougainville Signs Binding LOI to Acquire Assets of Gene Bank Research Inc.
- Invictus and Poda Announce Closing of Arrangement
- Pure Global Cannabis Launching Medical Product Line With Research Driven Approach
- Koios Mapping Human Brain to Study Impact of CBD
- 1933 Industries Announces that its New Cultivation Facility is Nearing Completion, Provides Update on Las Vegas Expansion Projects and Announces Retail Sales Application
- Weekend Unlimited Broadens Its Brand Portfolio, to Add Canna Candys and Medibles
- James E. Wagner Cultivation Receives Partial Occupancy at Second Facility
- Ascent Partners TOKO Oil With Award Winning PAX Era Vaporizer
- MediPharm Labs Corp. Completes Major Extraction Milestone
- FSD Pharma Announces Positive ISA Report for “Steady Stomach” CBD Combination
- Cannvas Signs Definitive Revenue Share and Marketing Agreement with MOOD™
- Nutritional High Completes Sale and Leaseback of Equipment at Its Sacramento Facility
- Matica and Yunify Develop First New Consumer Product
- Heritage Completes Acquisition Of Cannacure Corporation
- Flower One to Commence Trading in the United States under the Ticker Symbol “FLOOF”
- Khiron Life Sciences Announces Mexican Retail Distribution for Kuida® CBD Cosmeceutical Brand
- Wayland Group Enters into Agreement to Expand Global Footprint with Acquisition in Colombia
- CROP Completes 2018 Harvest at Nevada CBD Farm and Prepares First Shipment
- Novicius Obtains Conditional Approval and Changes Name to Grown Rogue International
- FluroTech Protects Its Technological Advantage with Patent Application
- GTEC Signs Cannabis Extraction Agreement with Valens
- Chemesis International Inc. Signs Binding Agreement to Acquire 100% of Colombia Based Cannabis Company – La Finca Interacviva-Arachna Med
- Indiva Announces Plans to Open a Cannabis Retail Outlet at its London Facility and Provides Update on Previously Announced Plans to Open Cannabis Retail Outlets across Ontario
- Redfund Capital Funds Winterlife Inc.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in cannabis space have helped boost the industry to new levels.
Strategic sale of non-core assets by Lobe adds non-dilutive capital and shareholder value
Lobe Sciences Ltd. (CSE: LOBE) (OTC Pink: GTSIF) (“Lobe” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce, further to its press release dated February 23, 2021, that it has completed the sale to Ionic Brands Corp. (“Ionic Brands”) of Lobe’s non-core cannabis assets relating to Washington-based Cowlitz County Cannabis Cultivation Inc. (“Cowlitz”) held by Lobe’s subsidiary vendor, Green Star Biosciences Inc. (the “Transaction”).
Seattle Area Grocery Chain Metropolitan Market to Begin Carrying KOIOS and Fit Soda on March 22, 2021
Adding to its existing presence on the west coast of the United States, all five KOIOS™ flavours and all four Fit Soda™ flavours will be carried in Metropolitan Market stores beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021. Serving the Seattle-Tacoma area (population 3.87 million), Metropolitan Market is one of five chains under its parent firm Good Food Holdings, which has a total of 51 stores in California, Oregon, and Washington State.
Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV; OTC: KBEVF) (the “Company” or “Koios”) is pleased to announce that beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021, Koios’ entire line of canned beverage products will be sold at all locations of Metropolitan Market, an urban format supermarket chain in the Seattle-Tacoma area of Washington State. In Q1 2021, the Company announced multiple placements of its beverage products with regional grocers in markets on the west coast of the United States including Market of Choice in Oregon Jensen’s in Southern California and major natural grocery chain Sprouts Farmers Market which has a substantial west coast presence with over one third of its locations (360+ stores across 23 states) in California as well as Washington State 1 . The Company has also recently announced other developments relating to its expansion efforts being undertaken in 2021 such as an in-house beverage canning facility and distribution agreements with regional and national wholesale partners.
Pineapple Express Delivery Partners with CannTrust to Offer Same-Day and Next-Day Delivery for estoraTM Medical Cannabis Patients in Ontario
Ensuring estoraTMpatients have seamless access to their high-quality medical cannabis products
World-Class Extractions Inc. (CSE:PUMP)(FRA:WCF)(OTCQB:WCEXF) (the “Company” or “World-Class”) is pleased to announce that its subsidiary Pineapple Express Delivery Inc. (“Pineapple Express Delivery” or “PED”), a leading logistics technology company offering compliant and secure delivery of controlled substances and regulated products, has partnered with CannTrust Inc. to bring same-day and next-day delivery to estoraTM medical cannabis patients in Ontario
American cannabis sales hit US$17.5 billion in 2020, a research group’s new study shows.
Meanwhile, a Canadian cannabis producer began offering CBD beverages in the US, another move that shows how interested Canadians are in the overall US cannabis market at the moment.