Mr. Brayden Sutton, President and CEO of Friday Night Inc. (the “Company”) (CSE:TGIF) (FRANKFURT:1QF), is excited to provide an update on the progress of its minority interest in Bellissima LLC., and its flagship Christie Brinkley “Bellissima Prosecco” line. Bellissima Prosecco is a featured brand in Friday Night’s specialty alcohol product line, which is separate from Friday Night’s medical and recreational cannabis product lines.
“Friday Night represents a lifestyle. As a lifestyle brand, we are focused on our customers wants and desires, helping to create experiences and memories for a lifetime,” said Mr. Sutton. “Bellissima translated to English means “Most Beautiful” and it is fitting that Christie Brinkley’s “Bellissima Prosecco’s” are organic and made in Treviso, Italy with the finest ingredients in three varieties, Brut DOC, Rose and Zero Sugar,” added Mr. Sutton.
Bellissima Prosecco Marketplace Advances
- Bellissima Prosecco line is entering the final stage of the formal approval process with the Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO). Once completed this step represents the most significant entry point into the Canadian marketplace.
- In February 2017, Bellissima Prosecco began distribution in Chicago and throughout the Midwest with the Brand’s exclusive distributor in Illinois, The Winebow Group.
- In April 2017, Bellissima Prosecco marketing expanded to California, Washington and Hawaii.
- Bellissima Prosecco is rapidly adding retailers across the country, such as BEVMO and Erewhon Organic Markets in California and Earth Fare Markets with 40 locations in 11 states in addition to being featured at exclusive restaurants such as Buca Di Beppo as of May 2017.
- In July 2017, Bellissima Prosecco became available in its first Target store in Kokomo, Indiana, with a goal of expanding to Target’s over 1800 locations.
- In the US, Prosecco sales are growing more than four times as fast as Champagne sales – (Nielsen).
- In 2015, 400 million bottles of Prosecco were sold worldwide, compared to 300 million for Champagne – (Nielsen).
- In 2016, Prosecco volume worldwide grew by 23%. (Retail Analyst IRI)
- The core Prosecco demographic is made up of young, educated women 25-45. Seventy-five percent of all women of drinking age purchased wine in 2015. 79 million Millennial’s are now of legal drinking age, representing the fasting growing market segment. In 2015, Millennial’s consumed 159 million cases of wine in the U.S.
Mr. Sutton noted that, “With Christie Brinkley’s powerful social media presence building awareness in concert with targeted digital, social and promotional campaigns, we see tremendous opportunities for significant growth in sales of Bellissima Prosecco throughout North America and Internationally. The Bellissima Prosecco brand aligns fully with Friday Night brand’s fun and memorable lifestyle identity.”
About Friday Night Inc.
Friday Night Inc. is a Canadian public company, which owns and controls cannabis and hemp based assets in Las Vegas Nevada. The company owns 91% of Alternative Medicine Association, LC (AMA), a licensed medical and adult-use cannabis cultivation and production facility that produces its own line of unique cannabis-based products and manufactures other third-party brands. Infused MFG, also a 91% owned subsidiary, produces hemp-based, CBD products, thoughtfully crafted of high quality organic botanical ingredients. Friday Night Inc. is focused on strengthening and expanding these operations within and outside of the state.
For more information, please contact:
Joe Bleackley, Corporate Communications
Notice regarding Forward Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements. The use of any of the words “anticipate”, “continue”, “estimate”, “expect”, “may”, “will”, “project”, “should”, “believe” and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Although the Company believes that the expectations and assumptions on which the forward-looking statements are based are reasonable, undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking statements because the Company can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. This news release includes forward-looking statements in respect to assumptions of market demand, market share, potential real estate acquisitions and future business opportunities. Since forward-looking statements address future events and conditions, by their very nature they involve inherent risks and uncertainties. These statements speak only as of the date of this news release. Actual results could differ materially from those currently anticipated due to a number of factors and risks including various risk factors discussed in the Company’s disclosure documents, which can be found under the Company’s profile on www.sedar.com. The Company disclaims any obligation to update forward looking information contained herein, except to the extent required by law.
Click here to connect with Friday Night Inc. to receive an Investor Presentation.