Khiron Plans to Launch Its Zerenia Medical Cannabis Clinic Strategy in Mexico; Applauds Mexican Senate Approval of Legislation for Cannabis in Mexico
- On November 19 , the Mexican Senate passed comprehensive adult-use cannabis legalization, moving Mexico towards becoming one of the few countries to legalize cannabis nationally
- On March 31, 2020 , the Company entered into an agreement with Tecnologico de Monterrey , the leading university in Mexico , to educate physicians across Latin America , in advance of the impending regulations in Mexico
- To date, close to 550 LatAm physicians have obtained their diploma accrediting completion of Khiron’s medical education program
- The Company plans to deploy its ZereniaTM medical cannabis clinics and telehealth strategy in Mexico , building on the success of its vertical integration strategy in Colombia
- Expanding the Zerenia clinic strategy will build on the Company’s Colombia knowledge and proven distribution capabilities, with rapid telehealth service adoption and over 5,600 medical cannabis scripts filled to date
- Mexico represents one of the largest potential markets for medical cannabis in the world and is anticipated to reach $1.2bn USD by 2028 (Prohibition Partners).
- Company to release Q3 2020 financials and host webcast on Tuesday, December 1st
Khiron Life Sciences Corp. (“Khiron” or the “Company”) (TSXV: KHRN ), (OTCQX: KHRNF), ( Frankfurt : A2JMZC), a vertically integrated cannabis leader with core operations in Latin America and Europe welcomes the passing of adult-use cannabis legislation by the Mexican Senate, which moves the country closer to a legalized cannabis market, and towards provision for medical cannabis products. Khiron has had a presence in Mexico since 2018 and has been working with doctors and medical institutions to develop a deep understanding of the market.