GW Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ:GWPH, AIM:GWP, AIM:GW) reported its financial results for the first quarter ended 31 December 2015.
According to the company:
RECENT OPERATIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Epidiolex® (CBD) childhood epilepsy program:
- Company sponsored Phase 3 development programs in Dravet syndrome and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (LGS)
- First Phase 3 Dravet syndrome trial fully enrolled above original target sample size (120 randomized), data expected March 2016
- Second Phase 3 Dravet syndrome trial ongoing, data expected H2 2016
- Both LGS Phase 3 trials fully enrolled above original target sample sizes (171 for 2-arm, 225 for 3-arm randomized), data expected Q2 2016
- 97% transition rate of eligible patients from Phase 3 trials to long term open label extension
- NDA submission with FDA expected Q4 2016
- Phase 3 Tuberous Sclerosis Complex trial due to commence Q1 2016
- Additional clinical development for Epidiolex expected to commence in H2 2016
- Expanded access program
- Recent data update at the American Epilepsy Society December 2015 Annual Meeting showing promising safety and effectiveness consistent with prior updates
- Over 375 children and young adults on treatment at 22 U.S. clinical sites
- Over 900 children and young adults authorized for treatment by FDA under Expanded Access Treatment INDs and 6 U.S. State programs
- Advanced clinical programs in multiple cannabinoid pipeline product candidates:
- THCV Phase 2 study in type-2 diabetes data expected Q2 2016
- THC:CBD Phase 1b/2a study for the treatment of Recurrent Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) fully enrolled with data expected in mid-2016
- Orphan Drug Designation granted from FDA and EMA
- Sativex® Phase 2 study in spasticity due to cerebral palsy ongoing with data expected H2 2016
- CBDV Phase 2 partial-onset epilepsy study in adults ongoing. Part A complete and Part B underway with data expected around the end of 2016
- Neonatal Hypoxic-Ischemic Encephalopathy (NHIE) intravenous CBD Phase 1 clinical program expected to commence in H2 2016
- Orphan Drug and Fast Track Designations granted from FDA and EMA
- Clinical trials within the field of autism spectrum disorders expected to commence in H2 2016
- Pre-clinical progress addressing a number of areas of unmet need including autism spectrum disorders, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, glioma, ovarian and pancreatic cancers
CanBud Distribution Corporation Closes 2M Second and Final Tranche of its Oversubscribed Private Placement Offering
CanBud Distribution Corporation (CSE: CBDX) (FSE: CD0) (“CanBud” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to announce that it has closed the final tranche of its oversubscribed non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $4,730,000 (the “Offering”).
The Corporation issued a combined total of 39,409,346 units (each a “Unit“) at price of $0.12 per Unit, with each Unit comprised of one common share in the capital of the Corporation (each a “Common Share“) and one common share purchase warrant (each a “Warrant“). Each Warrant entitles the holder to purchase one additional Common Share at an exercise price of $0.22 within 24 months of the closing of the Offering (the “Warrant Term“), provided, however that if the closing price of the Common Shares on the Canadian Securities Exchange (the “CSE“) (or any such other stock exchange in Canada as the Common Shares may trade at the applicable time) is $0.25 or greater per Common Share for a period of five (5) consecutive trading days at any time after the closing date of the Offering, the Corporation may accelerate the Warrant Term such that the Warrants shall expire on the date which is 30 days following the date a press release is issued by the Corporation announcing the reduced warrant terms.
Thoughtful Brands Inc. (CSE:TBI)(FSE:1WZ1)(OTCQB:PEMTF) (the “Company” or “Thoughtful Brands) announces that the letter of intent with Franchise Cannabis Corp. (“FCC”), previously announced in January, has been terminated. The previously announced European joint venture with FCC will continue and allow the Company to launch and tailor its products to European consumer demands
In connection with termination of the merger transaction with FCC, the Company has agreed to pay FCC $100,000 in cash and to issue FCC 5,000,000 common shares of the Company at a deemed value of $0.05 per share. The common shares will be subject to a four-month-and-one-day statutory hold period in accordance with applicable securities laws.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in cannabis space have helped boost the industry to new levels.
Strategic sale of non-core assets by Lobe adds non-dilutive capital and shareholder value
Lobe Sciences Ltd. (CSE: LOBE) (OTC Pink: GTSIF) (“Lobe” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce, further to its press release dated February 23, 2021, that it has completed the sale to Ionic Brands Corp. (“Ionic Brands”) of Lobe’s non-core cannabis assets relating to Washington-based Cowlitz County Cannabis Cultivation Inc. (“Cowlitz”) held by Lobe’s subsidiary vendor, Green Star Biosciences Inc. (the “Transaction”).
Seattle Area Grocery Chain Metropolitan Market to Begin Carrying KOIOS and Fit Soda on March 22, 2021
Adding to its existing presence on the west coast of the United States, all five KOIOS™ flavours and all four Fit Soda™ flavours will be carried in Metropolitan Market stores beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021. Serving the Seattle-Tacoma area (population 3.87 million), Metropolitan Market is one of five chains under its parent firm Good Food Holdings, which has a total of 51 stores in California, Oregon, and Washington State.
Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV; OTC: KBEVF) (the “Company” or “Koios”) is pleased to announce that beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021, Koios’ entire line of canned beverage products will be sold at all locations of Metropolitan Market, an urban format supermarket chain in the Seattle-Tacoma area of Washington State. In Q1 2021, the Company announced multiple placements of its beverage products with regional grocers in markets on the west coast of the United States including Market of Choice in Oregon Jensen’s in Southern California and major natural grocery chain Sprouts Farmers Market which has a substantial west coast presence with over one third of its locations (360+ stores across 23 states) in California as well as Washington State 1 . The Company has also recently announced other developments relating to its expansion efforts being undertaken in 2021 such as an in-house beverage canning facility and distribution agreements with regional and national wholesale partners.