An outdoor growing license has opened the door to premium organic product and extracts for the upcoming edibles and infused market, says an executive at a Canadian marijuana producer.
Jeannette VanderMarel, co-CEO of 48North Cannabis (TSXV:NRTH), told the Investing News Network (INN) about the company’s recently obtained outdoor growing license for its Good Farm facility in Ontario.
VanderMarel told INN that a higher cost is expected with organic product since it will be promoted as higher quality. She hopes there will be a higher profit margin for the firm thanks to its planned organic offerings.
The critical license for 48North was confirmed by Health Canada in May. Alison Gordon, co-CEO of the company, said in a press release that consumer packaged goods brands that are looking to enter the marijuana market will need a quality, low-cost and organic producer.
VanderMarel was a speaker at the “US Expansion: Executing a Go-To-Market Strategy” panel at the Lift & Co. (TSXV:LIFT,OTCQB:LFCOF) Cannabis Expo in Toronto. During her time on stage, the executive said Canadian firms can tap partnerships with leaders in the US that don’t directly relate to growing the plant.
“We (are partnered) with several US companies to bring well-known brands from the US and take their IP, their technology, their scientists and help them replicate those products in our facility using Canadian cannabis,” she said.
The firm has a conservative estimate that its outdoor production will produce a yield of 40,000 kilograms. From that resulting product, 80 percent will be used for extraction and processing purposes, while the remaining 20 percent will be allocated to provincial distribution as organic dried flower product, according to VanderMarel.
On Monday (June 17), the firm uploaded a video showcasing its outdoor growing execution and announcing the official planting of 250,000 cannabis plants.
For more on what VanderMarel had to say, watch the interview above. You can also click here to see our full Lift & Co. Cannabis Expo playlist on YouTube.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Bryan Mc Govern, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Editorial Disclosure: The Investing News Network does not guarantee the accuracy or thoroughness of the information reported in the interviews it conducts. The opinions expressed in these interviews do not reflect the opinions of the Investing News Network and do not constitute investment advice. All readers are encouraged to perform their own due diligence.
Some pretty important news out of health and wellness; beverage and natural products company BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV, Q:BVNNF, FSE:7BC) this week. For those of you following the Company with us, stay tuned.
As investors continue to prioritize cannabis opportunities in the US, market watchers expect mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to play a role in the future for Canadian companies.
A consolidation trend has been expected in the Canadian cannabis space for some time now based on the size of the market compared to the number of operations in the country.
BioHarvest Sciences Inc. Unveils the Unique Polyphenolic Content of Its Upcoming Olive-Based Nutraceutical
The product will include polyphenols known to have significant health benefits.
BioHarvest Sciences Inc. (CSE: BHSC) (“BioHarvest” or the “Company”) has reached an important milestone in its development program of additional Nutraceuticals. The olive-based Nutraceutical product scheduled for market availability in the second half of 2022 will contain the following unique matrix of polyphenols: hydroxytyrosol, trosol, and verbascoside. These compounds are the major polyphenols in naturally grown olives and are responsible for the high antioxidant activity of olives and olive oil. Importantly, the BioHarvest olive-based Nutraceutical product will provide all the benefits of olives and olive oil with a low calorie count per serving.
Cresco Labs (CSE:CL) (OTCQX:CRLBF) (“Cresco” or the “Company”), one of the largest vertically integrated multistate cannabis operators in the United States, announced today that it will report financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31 st , 2020 on Thursday March 25 th , 2021 before the market opens.
The Company will host a conference call and webcast to discuss its financial results and provide investors with key business highlights on Thursday March 25 th , 2021 at 8:30am Eastern Time (7:30am Central Time).
Canopy Growth to Participate in BofA Securities Virtual Consumer & Retail Technology Conference on March 11, 2021
Canopy Growth Corporation (TSX: WEED) (NASDAQ: CGC) (“Canopy Growth” or “the Corporation”) announced today that EVP & CFO Mike Lee will be participating in a fireside chat at the BofA Securities Virtual Consumer & Retail Technology Conference on Thursday, March 11, 2021 at 9:30am ET .