Orion Nutraceuticals is a Canadian cannabis life science company primarily focused on developing a footprint in Colombia’s medicinal cannabis market. The company owns cannabis facilities in Colombia and Canada that are dedicated to cultivating CBD strains that meet the needs of the sports medicine market. The sports medicine space has recently seen the decriminalization of CBD from regulatory bodies like the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA).
In Colombia, Orion Nutraceuticals has partnered with FMC Global SAS, the country’s first licensed producer and exporter of non-psychoactive medical cannabis extracts. Orion Nutraceutical is working towards obtaining a 49 percent interest in FCM Global, who owns a 235,800-square-foot facility in La Ceja, Antioquia, Colombia. The company expects the facility to be able to produce 50 tons of extract by 2020. In Canada, meanwhile, Orion Nutraceuticals owns 99 percent of Medic Oasis, a late-stage production license applicant and owner of a 31,688-square-foot growing, manufacturing and distribution facility in Dorval, Quebec.
Orion Nutraceuticals’ company highlights include the following:
- Operating in low-cost growing environments of Colombia and Quebec.
- Import and export potential from Colombia and Canada.
- La Ceja facility will be able to produce 50 tons of extract by 2020.
- Tolima facility is expected to generate $1 billion in revenue by 2023.
- First mover advantage as a cannabis company in the sports therapy market.
- Planned partnerships with leading research organizations, professional athletes and sports leagues to introduce and promote their products.
- Product lines to include medicinal and over-the-counter products, as well as bulk extracts and oils.