Osoyoos Cannabis is a company poised to process raw cannabis and produce cannabis extracts for Canada’s medicinal and adult-use markets. The company will generate revenue through third-party contract and toll processing, wholesaling of oils and distillates, white-label solutions and through selling Osoyoos Cannabis-branded products.
Osoyoos Cannabis has secured a lease with the Osoyoos Indian Band in Oliver, British Columbia (BC) for a cannabis extraction facility, which will be built out in two phases, the first of which is underway. Once the facility is fully operational, it will be able to process up to 100,000 kilograms of dried flower and produce approximately 9,800 kilograms of cannabis oil annually. The company has also re-submitted its processing license application to Health Canada through the Indigenous Navigator program, which the Company believes will help expedite the licensing process.
The company is also in discussions with the Osoyoos Indian Band to lease over 100 acres of land adjacent to the extraction facility for an outdoor cultivation site. The Okanagan has a hot, dry climate, which makes it an ideal location for outdoor cannabis cultivation.
Osoyoos Cannabis’ company highlights include the following:
- CBD extracts market expected to reach $2.1 billion by 2020
- Four-pronged revenue generation model
- Re-submitted processing license to Health Canada through the Indigenous Navigator program, expediting the application process
- In association with the Osoyoos Indian Band, a well-regarded and entrepreneurial band
- Annual production of approximately 9,800 kilograms of cannabis oil once fully operational
- Led by a strong and experienced management team and board of directors