Called the OTCQX Cannabis Index, it officially made its debut on Tuesday (June 4) with an initial list of 30 marijuana stocks.
“The exponential growth in publicly traded cannabis securities underscores the willingness of these companies to provide efficient trading and enhanced disclosure for investors,” Jason Paltrowitz, executive vice president of corporate services at OTC Markets Group, said in a press release.
In order to qualify for the marijuana index, companies need to trade on the OTCQX, identify as a cannabis operation and meet “a minimum liquidity screen.”
According to the exchange, there were a total of 56 cannabis-related securities trading on the OTCQX at the end of last month.
“The OTCQX Cannabis Index provides another tool for the investing public to better identify, measure and track the performance of this global industry as it progresses over time,” Paltrowitz said.
Here is a list of the companies that made the initial holdings for the index:
- AusCann Group Holdings (ASX:AC8,OTCQX:ACNNF)
- Aleafia Health (TSX:ALEF,OTCQX:ALEAF)
- Beleave (CSE:BE,OTCQX:BLEVF)
- Auxly Cannabis Group (TSXV:XLY,OTCQX:CBWTF)
- Cannex Capital Holdings (CSE:CNNX,OTCQX:CNXXF)
- Cresco Labs (CSE:CL,OTCQX:CRLBF)
- Curaleaf Holdings (CSE:CURA,OTCQX:CURLF)
- Charlotte’s Web Holdings (TSX:CWEB,OTCQX:CWBHF)
- Elixinol Global (EXL) (ASX:EXL,OTCQX:ELLXF)
- Emerald Health Therapeutics (TSXV:EMH,OTCQX:EMHTF)
- Harvest One Cannabis (TSXV:HVT,OTCQX:HRVOF)
- Harvest Health & Recreation (CSE:HARV,OTCQX:HRVSF)
- InMed Pharmaceuticals (TSX:IN,OTCQX:IMLFF)
- iAnthus Capital Holdings (CSE:IAN,OTCQX:ITHUF)
- Indiva (TSXV:NDVA,OTCQX:NDVAF)
- Invictus MD Strategis (TSXV:GENE,OTCQX:IVITF)
- James E Wagner Cultivation (TSXV:JWCA,OTCQX:JWCAF)
- Lifestyle Delivery Systems (CSE:LDS,OTCQX:LDSYF)
- Liberty Health Sciences (CSE:LHS,OTCQX:LHSIF)
- MedMen Enterprises (CSE:MMEN,OTCQX:MMNFF)
- 1933 Industries (CSE:TGIF,OTCQX:TGIFF)
- OrganiGram Holdings (TSXV:OGI,NASDAQ:OGI)
- CannaRoyalty, operating as Origin House (CSE:OH,OTCQX:ORHOF)
- The Supreme Cannabis Company (TSX:FIRE,OTCQX:SPRWF)
- The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings (TSX:TGOD,OTCQX:TGODF)
- THC BioMed International (CSE:THC,OTCQX:THCBF)
- True Leaf Brands (CSE:MJ,OTCQX:TRLFF)
- Terra Tech (OTCQX:TRTC)
- Vivo Cannabis (TSXV:VIVO,OTCQX:VVCIF)
- WeedMD (TSXV:WMD,OTCQX:WDDMF)
According to the release, these companies represent 25.28 percent of the year-to-date volume for OTCQX securities.
OrganiGram announced as part of its NASDAQ listing confirmation that its OTCQX listing stopped trading at the market closure on May 20. Meanwhile, Origin House is set to be acquired by the multi-state operator (MSO) Cresco Labs.
Beyond some of the known MSOs available in the market, this index signals the emergence of Australia-based marijuana firms with the inclusion of AusCann and EXL.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time news updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Bryan Mc Govern, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Editorial Disclosure: Cannex Capital Holdings, Harvest One Cannabis, James E Wagner Cultivation and 1933 Industries are clients of the Investing News Network. This article is not paid-for content.
American cannabis sales hit US$17.5 billion in 2020, a research group’s new study shows.
Meanwhile, a Canadian cannabis producer began offering CBD beverages in the US, another move that shows how interested Canadians are in the overall US cannabis market at the moment.
Some pretty important news out of health and wellness; beverage and natural products company BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE:BEV, Q:BVNNF, FSE:7BC) this week. For those of you following the Company with us, stay tuned.
As investors continue to prioritize cannabis opportunities in the US, market watchers expect mergers and acquisitions (M&A) to play a role in the future for Canadian companies.
A consolidation trend has been expected in the Canadian cannabis space for some time now based on the size of the market compared to the number of operations in the country.
BioHarvest Sciences Inc. Unveils the Unique Polyphenolic Content of Its Upcoming Olive-Based Nutraceutical
The product will include polyphenols known to have significant health benefits.
BioHarvest Sciences Inc. (CSE: BHSC) (“BioHarvest” or the “Company”) has reached an important milestone in its development program of additional Nutraceuticals. The olive-based Nutraceutical product scheduled for market availability in the second half of 2022 will contain the following unique matrix of polyphenols: hydroxytyrosol, trosol, and verbascoside. These compounds are the major polyphenols in naturally grown olives and are responsible for the high antioxidant activity of olives and olive oil. Importantly, the BioHarvest olive-based Nutraceutical product will provide all the benefits of olives and olive oil with a low calorie count per serving.
Cresco Labs (CSE:CL) (OTCQX:CRLBF) (“Cresco” or the “Company”), one of the largest vertically integrated multistate cannabis operators in the United States, announced today that it will report financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31 st , 2020 on Thursday March 25 th , 2021 before the market opens.
The Company will host a conference call and webcast to discuss its financial results and provide investors with key business highlights on Thursday March 25 th , 2021 at 8:30am Eastern Time (7:30am Central Time).