World-Class Extractions Inc. (CSE:PUMP)(FRA:WCF)(OTCQB:WCEXF) (the “Company” or “World-Class“) provides an update regarding its business and operational initiatives:
- Pineapple Express Delivery: At the end of March 2020, World-Class acquired a controlling interest in Pineapple Express Delivery Inc. (“PED“), a leading logistics technology company offering specialized delivery services for both the medical and recreational cannabis markets (including same-day delivery in the Greater Toronto Area. Since the Company’s acquisition of a controlling interest in PED, PED has:
- expanded its services into the Ontario cities of Barrie, Ottawa and London;
- entered into an agreement with CannaLogic Solutions Inc., an arm’s length, privately held, B.C.-based company, to provide Canadian cannabis dispensaries a one-stop shop/a-la-carte e-commerce and logistics management software platform;
- expanded its services to provide same-day and next-day delivery of wine, spirits and beer products from The Saskatoon Co-op, to its retail customers in Saskatoon, Warman and Martensville;
- launched and commenced operations of the PED cannabis depot in Ottawa (as at May 14, 2020); and
- for the month of April 2020, recorded unaudited revenue totaling $819,931 (April 2019 – $21,981), gross profit of $404,084, (April 2019 – deficiency of $21,066), and pre-tax net income of $188,428 (April 2019 – Net loss of $400,233).
- Canntab Therapeutics Limited: World-Class and Canntab Therapeutics are finalizing the Definitive Agreement to deploy extraction and processing systems for cannabis and hemp at Canntab’s licensed facility in Markham, Ontario. A leading developer of advanced, pharmaceutical-grade formulations of cannabinoids and terpenes, Canntab is a Health Canada license holder (Standard Processing, Sales (Medical), Research, and Industrial Hemp). In addition, the February 25, 2019 hemp supply and loan agreement with Canntab Therapeutics Ltd. and FSD Pharma Inc., as previously announced on February 28, 2019, remains active.
While World-Class continues to grow and expand, management has reevaluated its business plan to align with changing market conditions. The downturn in the cannabis and hemp industries which began in 2019 has been further amplified by the arrival of the global COVID-19 pandemic. These market circumstances have impacted some of our previously announced ventures and as a result, the Company announced today that the following ventures will not be proceeding:
- Deployment of an extraction centre with FV Pharma Inc. in Cobourg, Ontario, as previously announced on September 25, 2019;
- Deployment of an extraction centre with Nutralife Holdings LLC. in Imperial County, California and the related Consulting Services Agreement with Nutralife Farming LP, as previously announced on December 11, 2019;
- Revenue Collaboration Agreement with Parity Partners PBC, as previously announced on March 25, 2019; and
- Supply of a full extraction and processing facility for Puriflor Enterprise Inc., as previously announced on March 28, 2019.
Rosy Mondin, CEO and Director of World-Class stated: “This is a challenging time around the world and here at home in Canada. Notwithstanding the global volatility created by the COVID-19 pandemic and the growing pains experienced by the cannabis industry in Canada and globally, the operational adjustments announced today are an important step in streamlining our direction and preserving resources to be utilized in more focused priorities. We are proud of our ability to adapt and pivot to meet today’s market realities. These proactive steps will result in a healthier and stronger company that will continue to innovate, maximize production and reduce costs and be a strong industry competitor.”
The Company cautions that figures for PED’s revenue, gross profit and net income have not been audited and are based on calculations prepared by the management of PED. Actual results may differ from those reported in this release once these figures have been audited.
About World-Class Extractions Inc.
World-Class is an innovation-driven company which deploys and manages custom-built extraction centers for licensed cannabis and hemp processors. Utilizing its custom technology and processes, World-Class enables its licensed partners to efficiently produce high-margin cannabis and hemp concentrates and oils. Through its relationships with licensed partners, World-Class has the ability to offer toll processing of cannabis and hemp to licensed third parties that lack the expertise and equipment required to produce high-quality cannabis and hemp concentrates and end-products. In addition, Pineapple Express Delivery Inc., a World-Class subsidiary, offers legal cannabis delivery services for both the medical and recreational markets in Ontario, as well as certain other provinces within Canada.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release, which has been prepared by management of the Company.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
All statements in this press release, other than statements of historical fact, are “forward-looking information” with respect to the Company within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including with respect to the deployment of extraction and processing systems for cannabis and hemp at Canntab’s licensed facility in Markham, Ontario. The Company provides forward-looking statements for the purpose of conveying information about current expectations and plans relating to the future and readers are cautioned that such statements may not be appropriate for other purposes. By its nature, this information is subject to inherent risks and uncertainties that may be general or specific and which give rise to the possibility that expectations, forecasts, predictions, projections or conclusions will not prove to be accurate, that assumptions may not be correct and that objectives, strategic goals and priorities will not be achieved. These risks and uncertainties include but are not limited those identified and reported in the Company’s public filings under the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless required by law.
SOURCE: World-Class Extractions Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com:
World Class Extractions
CanBud Distribution Corporation Closes 2M Second and Final Tranche of its Oversubscribed Private Placement Offering
CanBud Distribution Corporation (CSE: CBDX) (FSE: CD0) (“CanBud” or the “Corporation”) is pleased to announce that it has closed the final tranche of its oversubscribed non-brokered private placement for aggregate gross proceeds of approximately $4,730,000 (the “Offering”).
The Corporation issued a combined total of 39,409,346 units (each a “Unit“) at price of $0.12 per Unit, with each Unit comprised of one common share in the capital of the Corporation (each a “Common Share“) and one common share purchase warrant (each a “Warrant“). Each Warrant entitles the holder to purchase one additional Common Share at an exercise price of $0.22 within 24 months of the closing of the Offering (the “Warrant Term“), provided, however that if the closing price of the Common Shares on the Canadian Securities Exchange (the “CSE“) (or any such other stock exchange in Canada as the Common Shares may trade at the applicable time) is $0.25 or greater per Common Share for a period of five (5) consecutive trading days at any time after the closing date of the Offering, the Corporation may accelerate the Warrant Term such that the Warrants shall expire on the date which is 30 days following the date a press release is issued by the Corporation announcing the reduced warrant terms.
Thoughtful Brands Inc. (CSE:TBI)(FSE:1WZ1)(OTCQB:PEMTF) (the “Company” or “Thoughtful Brands) announces that the letter of intent with Franchise Cannabis Corp. (“FCC”), previously announced in January, has been terminated. The previously announced European joint venture with FCC will continue and allow the Company to launch and tailor its products to European consumer demands
In connection with termination of the merger transaction with FCC, the Company has agreed to pay FCC $100,000 in cash and to issue FCC 5,000,000 common shares of the Company at a deemed value of $0.05 per share. The common shares will be subject to a four-month-and-one-day statutory hold period in accordance with applicable securities laws.
Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in cannabis space have helped boost the industry to new levels.
Strategic sale of non-core assets by Lobe adds non-dilutive capital and shareholder value
Lobe Sciences Ltd. (CSE: LOBE) (OTC Pink: GTSIF) (“Lobe” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce, further to its press release dated February 23, 2021, that it has completed the sale to Ionic Brands Corp. (“Ionic Brands”) of Lobe’s non-core cannabis assets relating to Washington-based Cowlitz County Cannabis Cultivation Inc. (“Cowlitz”) held by Lobe’s subsidiary vendor, Green Star Biosciences Inc. (the “Transaction”).
Seattle Area Grocery Chain Metropolitan Market to Begin Carrying KOIOS and Fit Soda on March 22, 2021
Adding to its existing presence on the west coast of the United States, all five KOIOS™ flavours and all four Fit Soda™ flavours will be carried in Metropolitan Market stores beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021. Serving the Seattle-Tacoma area (population 3.87 million), Metropolitan Market is one of five chains under its parent firm Good Food Holdings, which has a total of 51 stores in California, Oregon, and Washington State.
Koios Beverage Corp. (CSE: KBEV; OTC: KBEVF) (the “Company” or “Koios”) is pleased to announce that beginning on Monday, March 22, 2021, Koios’ entire line of canned beverage products will be sold at all locations of Metropolitan Market, an urban format supermarket chain in the Seattle-Tacoma area of Washington State. In Q1 2021, the Company announced multiple placements of its beverage products with regional grocers in markets on the west coast of the United States including Market of Choice in Oregon Jensen’s in Southern California and major natural grocery chain Sprouts Farmers Market which has a substantial west coast presence with over one third of its locations (360+ stores across 23 states) in California as well as Washington State 1 . The Company has also recently announced other developments relating to its expansion efforts being undertaken in 2021 such as an in-house beverage canning facility and distribution agreements with regional and national wholesale partners.