World Class Extractions Reports Operating and Financial Results for the Nine-Month Period Ended January 31, 2021
World-Class continues to show substantial revenue growth quarter-over-quarter with revenue of $2,649,140 for the quarter ended January 31, 2021 compared to revenue of $75,562 for the quarter ended January 31, 2020
- Revenue of $2,649,140 for the quarter ended January 31, 2021 compared to $2,289,799 for the quarter ended October 31, 2020 and $75,562 revenue for the quarter ended January 31, 2020 – a 2,653% revenue growth from January 2020 to January 2021. The increase in revenue is primarily attributable to the operations of PED.
- Gross margin for the quarter ended January 31, 2021 was 27%, consistent with the gross margin figure for the month of January 2021 reported in the Company’s news release dated March 2, 2021, but down slightly from the gross margin figures reported for the individual months of November and December 2020.
- The Company had cash at January 31, 2021 of $3,017,799 (April 30, 2020 – $5,632,160).
- Working capital as at January 31, 2021 is $911,231.
- The Company has long-term debt consisting of $819,216 in non-current portion of lease obligations and $92,061 in non-current loans payable.
- The net loss and comprehensive loss for the three months ended January 31, 2021 was $626,878 (as compared to January 31, 2020 of $33,144,218). The loss for the three-month quarter ended January 31, 2021 (with comparisons for the quarter ended January 31, 2020) is mainly attributed to the following:
- depreciation and amortization expense of $157,600 (2020 – $775,844), consulting fees of $8,500 (2020 – $132,102),; filing fees of $25,592 (2020 – $26,075); development and research expenses of $97,600 (2020 – $830,180); lease interest of $66,151 (2020 – $42,348); office expense of $140,684 (2020 – $156,933); professional fees of $166,328 (2020 – $195,315); management fees of $55,500 (2020 – $57,675), remuneration and benefits of $544,140 (2020 – $640,550); share-based payments of $11,865 (2020 – $241,131) and impairment loss of $Nil (2020 – 29,364,656)
Company Summary and Highlights
Pineapple Express Delivery Inc.
World-Class holds a controlling interest in Pineapple Express Delivery Inc. (“PED“), a company which offers compliant and secure delivery of government regulated products, including medical and recreational cannabis in Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, and liquor delivery in certain jurisdictions in Saskatchewan.
Since the Company’s acquisition of a controlling interest in PED, PED has achieved the following milestones:
- A total of 580,732 cannabis and alcohol deliveries for the nine months ended January 31, 2021 were made. The fluctuations in deliveries quarter over quarter are due to the COVID-19 lockdown measures put in place in the Greater Toronto Area with volumes increasing during these lockdowns. Total deliveries per quarters: 209,676 – three months ended January 31, 2021, 181,569 – three months ended October 31, 2020 and 189,487 – three months ended July 31, 2020.
- The number of drivers changed from 55 at the beginning of 2020, to approximately 190 by the end of July 31, 2020, 180 by October 31, 2020 and 200 by January 31, 2021. Efficiencies have also been created by routing deliveries through hub expansions and concentrating drivers to tighter geographical areas, leading to less hours used by drivers for the timely delivery of packages.
- Offering same day cannabis delivery service in 37 cities (183 postal code regions) and 3-day service in 65 cities (288 postal code regions) in Ontario, PED expanded cannabis delivery services to Ottawa, Barrie, Kingston, London, and the Windsor/Chatham region.
- Expanded liquor delivery services to provide same-day and next-day delivery of wine, spirits and beer products from Saskatoon Co-op’s Wine-Spirits-Beer retail stores in Saskatoon, Warman and Martensville.
- Partnered with Medical Cannabis by Shoppers™ to offer same-day delivery to their medical cannabis patients in cities in and around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
- Partnered with Spectrum Therapeutics, the medical division of Canopy Growth Corporation to bring same-day delivery to medical cannabis patients in the GTA.
- Partnered with CannTrust Inc. to provide deliveries for estoraTM medical cannabis products to CannTrust patients in Ontario, under the name “Trust Delivery – Powered by Pineapple Express”.
- Several contracts in place with Health Canada license holders for delivery within select provinces in Canada (B2B cannabis delivery services).
- Late-stage applicant to Health Canada to obtain a ‘Sale for Medical Purposes’ license for its facility located in the GTA. With a population of 6-million people, this sales license gives PED the ability to store inventory for other license holders, allowing PED to leverage its facility in the GTA and offer same day delivery services to the patients of those LPs.
The Company cautions that figures for revenue, gross margin, and number of deliveries generated from the services offered by Pineapple Express Delivery have not been audited beyond April 30, 2020 and any monthly updates are based on calculations prepared by the Company and management of Pineapple Express Delivery. Actual results may differ from those reported in this release once figures have been audited.
The Company’s subsidiary, Soma Labs Scientific Inc. (“Soma“), has focused on production, quality and compliance of systems, technologies, processes and procedures for cannabis and hemp extraction and processing, including the BOSS CO2 Extraction System and the BEAST Ethanol Extraction System. World-Class continues to focus on monetizing its Soma Labs’ assets, including the extraction and processing systems, technology and processes to produce cannabis and hemp concentrates and end-products.
Patent Applications and Information
The Company has previously filed, and will continue to file, patent applications directed to its proprietary systems and methods for producing cannabis and hemp extracts. Such systems and methods are believed to be novel and non-obvious, based on the ability of the World-Class Technologies to produce extracts that have substantially greater concentrations of target cannabinoids and possess minimal contaminants. Additional advantages of the World-Class Technologies include the ability to process very large volumes of cannabis and hemp plant material.
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO“) has awarded the Company the following U.S. Patents:
- U.S. Patent No. 10,851,077, issued on December 1, 2020 in relation to the Company’s methods for extracting and concentrating cannabinoids and other target compounds from cannabis using ultrasound-enhanced solvent extraction. WCE’s patented plant processing technology allows for prompt cannabinoid extraction following harvest, including the root and all other parts of the hemp plant and further utilizes ethanol for extraction, as opposed to the use of toxic hydrocarbon solvents. WCE’s patented process additionally uses precisely focused ultrasound to release cannabinoids from the hemp plant that produces CBD yields that are believed to be among the highest in the industry while also minimizing biomass waste and solvent usage.
- U.S. Patent No. 10,946,306, issued on March 16, 2021 in relation to the Company’s methods for the systematic extraction and concentration of cannabinoids and other target compounds via solvent extraction from large scale harvests of cannabis and hemp crops. World-Class’ patent process minimizes energy consumption, conserves the volume of solvent utilized in the extraction process, and maximizes the quantity of cannabinoids sought to be extracted on a large-scale, commercial basis, than other known cannabinoid extraction techniques.
These patents continue to supplement World-Class’ goal to achieve the most sustainable, efficient, and economical method of large-scale commercial production of cannabis plant material.
Update regarding Cobra Ventures & HydRx Farms Debenture Investment
During the period ended January 31, 2021, World-Class provided a $2.5M loan to Cobra Ventures Inc. (“Cobra“) with respect to a debenture purchase of HydRx Farms Ltd. operating as Scientus Pharma(“HydRx“). World-Class subsequently sold its 50% interest in Cobra to the remaining shareholder of Cobra, the sale of which included the receipt of all funds ($2.5 million) previously advanced by World-Class to Cobra. The World-Class loan was paid out in full, and World-Class has no further interest in Cobra and no ongoing role or involvement with HydRx or the HydRx debenture.
World-Class is an innovation-driven company with a principle focus on the rapidly evolving cannabis and hemp industries. World-Class offers compliant and secure delivery of government regulated products through its subsidiary Pineapple Express Delivery Inc., including medical and recreational cannabis in Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, and liquor delivery in certain jurisdictions in Saskatchewan. World-Class continues to investigate opportunities to deploy and manage custom-built extraction centres utilizing its custom systems, technology, and processes to efficiently produce high-quality cannabis and hemp concentrates and end-products.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Service Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release, which has been prepared by management of the Company.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
All statements in this press release, other than statements of historical fact, are “forward-looking information” with respect to the Company within the meaning of applicable securities laws, including with respect to the deployment of extraction and processing systems for cannabis and hemp and the ability of Pineapple Express Delivery to expand its delivery services and to provide discrete shipment of products. The Company provides forward-looking statements for the purpose of conveying information about current expectations and plans relating to the future and readers are cautioned that such statements may not be appropriate for other purposes. By its nature, this information is subject to inherent risks and uncertainties that may be general or specific and which give rise to the possibility that expectations, forecasts, predictions, projections or conclusions will not prove to be accurate, that assumptions may not be correct and that objectives, strategic goals and priorities will not be achieved. These risks and uncertainties include but are not limited those identified and reported in the Company’s public filings under the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com. Although the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking information, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise unless required by law.
SOURCE: World-Class Extractions Inc.
View source version on accesswire.com:
News Provided by ACCESSWIRE via QuoteMedia
World Class Extractions
Ayurcann Holdings Corp. (CSE: AYUR) (the “Company” or “Ayurcann”) an integrated Canadian extraction company specializing in the processing of cannabis and hemp for the production of oils and various derivative products, announces the granting of stock options and restricted share units.
The Company has announced that it has granted incentive stock options to directors, officers, employees and consultants of the Company to purchase an aggregate of 1,000,100 common shares under the Company’s Stock Option Plan. Each option is exercisable at a price of $0.16 per common share, expires three years from the date of grant and vest six months from the date of the grant.
The Company has also granted restricted share unit grants, pursuant to the Company’s Restricted Share Unit plan, dated April 1, 2021, totaling 1,548,875 to certain eligible participants.
For further information, please contact:
Igal Sudman, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Corporate Secretary
Ayurcann Holdings Corp.
About Ayurcann Holdings Corp.:
Ayurcann is a leading post-harvest solution provider with a focus on providing and creating custom processes and pharma grade products for the adult use and medical cannabis industry in Canada. Ayurcann is focused on becoming the partner of choice for leading Canadian cannabis brands by providing best-in-class, proprietary services including ethanol extraction, formulation, product development and custom manufacturing.
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider have reviewed or accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
News Provided by GlobeNewswire via QuoteMedia
A planned business merger between two leading cannabis producers hit a small delay this week as a critical vote got moved.
Keep reading to find out more cannabis highlights from the past five days.
Tilray delays critical shareholder meeting
On Thursday (April 15), Tilray (NASDAQ:TLRY) announced it will be postponing its shareholder vote on the fate of its merger with Aphria (NASDAQ:APHA,TSX:APHA). It will take place on April 30 instead of April 16.
Neither cannabis company offered an explanation for the change. Tilray has asked shareholders to participate in this vote regardless of how many shares they may hold. “Tilray stockholders who have not already voted, or wish to change their vote, are strongly encouraged to do so,” the company said.
This news came days after Aphria shareholders overwhelmingly voted in favor of the business transaction, with a total of 99.38 percent of shareholders voting for the deal to continue. Confirmation from Aphria Chairman and CEO Irwin Simon indicated the partnership was en route to being complete.
This past week Aphria also released financial results for the third quarter of its 2021 fiscal year, in which the firm highlights the overall direction of the company with the Tilray deal.
“We expect to have a tremendous runway for long-term sustainable growth as we build upon our existing foundation in Canada and internationally by increasing the scale of our global operations,” Simon said in a statement.
Cannabis retailer celebrates digital trend
Bidding for the piece, named “Non-Fungible Toke“ started at a price of C$4.20. The retailer plans to donate the proceeds to two charities, Second Harvest and Less.
The latter is designed to counter the carbon footprint of blockchain technology, a common criticism drawn against the rise of NFTs and other novel technologies.
As of 11:00 a.m. EST on Friday (April 16), the NFT bid was up to C$169.11.
Cannabis company news
- The Valens Company (TSX:VLNS,OTCQX:VLNCF) issued its financial report for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. In its results, the company highlights a net revenue uptick of 24.7 percent from the previous quarter, resulting in C$20 million for the period.
- Trulieve Cannabis (CSE:TRUL,OTCQX:TCNNF) closed a public offering of 5 million subordinate voting shares at a price of C$50 each for total gross proceeds of C$287.5 million. The company celebrated its financial position after an offering in January, which will lead to the pursuit of merger and acquisition targets.
- Australis Capital (CSE:AUSA,OTCQB:AUSAF) appointed Jason Dyck as its new chief science officer and chairman of the firm’s scientific advisory board. Dyck previously served as an executive at Aurora Cannabis (NASDAQ:ACB,TSX:ACB), leading the scientific efforts for the cannabis producer. “I look forward to providing AUSA with advice and direction in its scientific efforts towards bringing innovations to market with immediate and significant commercial appeal,” Dyck said.
- Truss Beverage, a cannabis drinks venture co-owned by Molson Coors Beverage Company (NYSE:TAP,TSX:TPX) and HEXO (NYSE:HEXO,TSX:HEXO), released the details of its new lineup of infused beverages. Six new drinks will become available around the summer and are intended to pair with the season.
Don’t forget to follow us @INN_Cannabis for real-time updates!
Securities Disclosure: I, Bryan Mc Govern, hold no direct investment interest in any company mentioned in this article.
Partnerships with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, CultivatED, and the Georgia Justice Project will include clinics and virtual events across Florida , Georgia , and Massachusetts
Trulieve Cannabis Corp. (CSE: TRUL) (OTCQX: TCNNF) (“Trulieve” or “the Company”), a leading and top-performing cannabis company based in the United States announced today a series of expungment clinics located throughout south and central Florida as well as virtual events in Georgia and Massachusetts . The clinics are part of the Company’s celebration of the 50 th anniversary of 420.
During the month of April, Minardi Law has hosted expungment clinics and will be hosting two more as follows:
- Releaf Patient Appreciation Day, April 17 th ( Valrico )
- First Annual 4/20 Event ( St. Petersburg Beach )
At these clinics, an attorney will be present to review records and see if someone is eligible for a sealing or expungment of their records. As part of the events, Trulieve will be helping cover the costs for finger prints, legal fees, and court costs.
Trulieve is working with Minorities for Medical Marijuana (“M4MM”) to host a 4/20 Expungement Clinic, part of M4MM’s Project Clean Slate. This event will take place on Saturday, April 24, 2021 , from 9:30am – 4:30pm at Riviera Beach City Hall. Anyone seeking to take place in this event is required to register in advance at http://trulieve.cc/expungementpreregistration .
In addition, Trulieve is sponsoring the First Friday Series , a weekly virtual event from the Georgia Justice Project to help Georgia citizens with record restrictions, and is also sponsoring the Fellowship Presentation and Expungement Clinic being offered through CultivateEd and GBLS on Friday, April 23 from 3:00pm – 4:00pm . You can register for the Massachusetts expungement clinic in advance here: HTTPS://BIT.LY/2Q655KK
“Our mission as a company has always been to improve people’s lives,” said Trulieve CEO Kim Rivers . “We’ve always been dedicated to improving the communities we call home. Partnering with Minardi Law , Minorities for Medical Marijuana, Georgia Justice Project and CultivatED on these clinics was a simple decision for us; we encourage anyone seeking help with the expungement process to attend one of these clinics in your own state to start the process.”
For more information about Trulieve and the April expungment clinics, please visit www.Trulieve.com .
Trulieve is primarily a vertically integrated “seed-to-sale” company in the U.S. and is the first and largest fully licensed medical cannabis company in the State of Florida . Trulieve cultivates and produces all of its products in-house and distributes those products to Trulieve-branded stores (dispensaries) throughout the State of Florida , as well as directly to patients via home delivery. Trulieve also has operations in California , Massachusetts , Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Trulieve is listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol TRUL and trades on the OTCQX market under the symbol TCNNF.
To learn more about Trulieve, visit www.Trulieve.com .
SOURCE Trulieve Cannabis Corp.
News Provided by PR Newswire via QuoteMedia
Seth Rogen’s New Cannabis Brand are Now Available at Apothecarium Dispensaries in San Francisco , Berkeley and Capitola
The Apothecarium is offering cannabis from Houseplant, the cannabis lifestyle brand founded by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg at its five California dispensaries. The Apothecarium has three San Francisco locations (Castro, SOMA and Marina ) and one each in Berkeley and Capitola (outside of Santa Cruz ).
“With the vast number of dispensaries in California , we put a lot of effort into identifying the right ones that align with Houseplant’s values,” said Seth Rogen , Co-Founder of Houseplant. “The Apothecarium shares the same commitment to creating a strong consumer experience that we pride ourselves on and we are thrilled to bring our three initial strains to their stores in the Bay Area.”
Houseplant is launching with three flower strains, all of which will be available at The Apothecarium, including: Diablo Wind (sativa), Pancake Ice (sativa) and Pink Moon (indica). Like their founder’s groundbreaking film “Pineapple Express”, Houseplant strains are named after weather phenomena. Each strain will be sold in a custom tin.
“We are so proud to be one of the very first dispensaries in California to offer Houseplant to our customers,” said Ryan Hudson , CEO and co-founder of The Apothecarium. “Seth, Evan and everyone at Houseplant love and respect cannabis as much as we do. We simply cannot wait to share their beautiful and delicious flowers with our guests.”
“We’ve been working with the Houseplant team for more than a year and are grateful to have a partner that shares so many of our values, including an emphasis on cannabis education, quality, reform of cannabis laws and beautifully designed, recyclable packaging.”
“Seth has been hands-on during the process, spending time with our store managers to make sure they know the products and how much care has gone into vetting and selecting the best strains. We think our guests are going to love Houseplant.”
About The Apothecarium
The Apothecarium is recognized as one of the nation’s premier cannabis dispensaries, with an emphasis on education via in-depth one-on-one consultations from highly trained cannabis consultants. The company was founded by three first cousins and two family friends in 2011. Our dispensaries are known for providing educational events that are open to the public at no cost — and for welcoming seniors, first-time dispensary visitors, and people with serious medical conditions. The Apothecarium’s flagship San Francisco dispensary was named the best-designed dispensary in the country by Architectural Digest . Patients and customers may order at our dispensaries or online for pickup or delivery at apothecarium.com [apothecarium.com] .
The Apothecarium is committed to giving back to the communities we serve. We have donated more than $400,000 in cash to community groups and nonprofits — plus more than $300,000 worth of in-kind donations.
All Apothecarium dispensaries continue to implement safety measures to protect guests and team members. Protocols include strict social distancing inside and outside the dispensaries, a mask requirement for everyone inside the dispensaries, no contact check-in procedures and ongoing sanitizing throughout the day.
CA Licenses: C10-0000523-LIC; C10-0000522-LIC; C10-0000515-LIC, C10-0000738-LIC, C10-0000706-LIC
News Provided by Canada Newswire via QuoteMedia
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario TheNewswire – April 16, 2021 Sire Bioscience Inc. (CSE:SIRE) (OTC:BLLXF) (FSE:BR1B) (CNSX:SIRE.CN) (“SIRE” or the “Company”) announces that Brian Nugent has resigned as a member of the Company’s board of directors (the “ Board ”). It has been a pleasure and a blessing to have worked with Brian Nugent over the past few years, his business acumen and tremendous experience will certainly be missed, SIRE wishes him nothing but the best in all his future endeavors.
About Sire Bioscience
SIRE is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with its wholly owned subsidiary PLANTFUEL® based in Denver, Colorado. SIRE is managed by a group of successful entrepreneurs who have extensive experience in the areas of consumer-packaged goods, manufacturing, logistics, and distribution. SIRE is a CPG life science company focused on the plant-based foods and supplements industry.
For additional information contact:
Sire Bioscience Inc.
Copyright (c) 2021 TheNewswire – All rights reserved.
News Provided by TheNewsWire via QuoteMedia